Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Who What When Why

Hello everyone! (Or should I say Sawadii ka?)

 

My name is Emily, I'm 17 years old and I live near Vienna, in Austria. I'm currently in school and will be sitting my A-levels in June. On August 5th I will start my first real adventure on my own. I'll be travelling to Singburi, Thailand, where I'll be working at an orphanage for 12 weeks. I booked this journey with the travel agency AIFS here in Austria and their partner organisation The Green Lion in Thailand.

I've always wanted to spend a couple months abroad and at first I really wanted to go to Cairns, Australia and work at a Zoo. I was pretty sure that I was going to do this until the people from my organisation told me that, unfortunately, I couldn't attend this specific program because they had to adjust the minimum age to 18 years. After that the project in Thailand was the only project that I could do at my age. I was pretty lucky that I liked this anyway since I enjoy working with children, especially with the ones who aren't that lucky to have a family/be with their family and I love Thai culture, and am especially obsessed with Buddhism. Since I also booked an elephant week I'll still have that "animal aspect" that I thought I'd lost by cancelling the Australia project.

I've already gotten my provisional week plan and can say that, in the first week, I will be exploring Singburi and the Thai language and culture in general. One week, I don't know which one yet, I will be working at http://www.elephantsworld.org/  and the rest I've basically got no idea what exactly I'm going to do. But I'll probably share an update when I've already been in Thailand for a few weeks!


btw: feel free to point out any grammatical mistakes so I can edit them out :)


February 21st 2017

Who What When Why

Hello everyone! (Or should I say Sawadii ka?)   My name is Emily, I'm 17 years old and I live near Vienna, in Austria. I'm cur...