Sunday, October 01, 2017

Thailand Conclusion

Conclusion


All in all, my Thailand journey was amazing. It started with me finding out, that I could participate in so many more projects than I thought. To be precise, I did 10 different ones in 12 weeks. There was not one that I didn't like at all or thought "I'd rather be at *insert place* right now". I'm a strong believer of "everything happens for a reason", so I don't regret anything.

I have to admit, there wasn't that much action at forestry conservation week and the last week was a bit all over the place but I still learned something in those weeks and, in retrospect, wouldn't change anything about my choice of projects.

There was only one, that I would've liked to do as well, which was the Gibbons Project, but I made myself choose between this one and the Hilltribe Immersion and I'm so glad that I chose the latter.

I also got around Thailand a LOT. I was in all four directions, I went to about 10 different beaches, to an island, to several national parks, got to experience a Thai festival first hand, learned to speak a bit Thai, got to help children in need, did construction work, etc etc. (I also ate a lot of rice. Wasn't my favourite part but oh well.)

My favourite part of this whole journey was the people I get to share my memories with. I met so many SO amazing people from all around the world and I'm extremely thankful for that. Now I get to call people from England, Belgium, Italy, Germany, Israel, Canada, USA, China, Australia, New Zealand, Sweden, France and, of course, Austria my friends and have a reason to travel to all those place next. If I didn't already tell you: thanks so much for doing all of this with me, can't wait to see every single one of you again!

October 29th 2017

Who What When Why

Hello everyone! (Or should I say Sawadii ka?)   My name is Emily, I'm 17 years old and I live near Vienna, in Austria. I'm cur...